I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Offending a colleague

I was major pissed today at a colleague from my department. Uh huh, just second week into the new job and i've already offended someone.

This guy has worked in the company for a long time and he knows the current system inside out. Since the first day i started working, i've found him to be loud and rude because he kept on interrupting the discussions that i was having with one of the managers of our department. I'm not too sure about how others view him and i also have no idea about his duties in the department.

Anyway, today he really rubbed me the wrong way by making tons of negative comments in front of the users when we were testing out the new system. I'm not sure why he was doing that but no one else stopped him and just let him babbling on. It really pissed me off big time and so i just snapped back, also in front of everyone, in a stern and perhaps even impatient tone.

Right after i did that, he quiet down and left the room after a while, with apparent indignation. I was thinking to myself then, oh shit, why couldn't i just control my temper and keep my mouth shut. I didn't wanna be labeled as the bash newcomer who goes around offending the seniors, but it's probably too late. So i guess my intention of having an image of a nice and sweet new joinee was ruined.

But then, i really don't see the point in taking in all these shit just because he's someone with more seniority. Heck, it's precisely because you are a senior, you should behave like one instead of going around sabotaging the work of the colleague from your own department. I'm not the kind who would take nonsense in silence. I'm darn serious about my work and if you give me shit, i'm not gonna just swallow it and smile and say thank you very much. I'll throw it back right at your face and even shove it down your throat.

The consultant saw my anger and during lunch time, she told me that this guy has serious attitude problem. She said my two angmo Directors didn't like this guy either, and he was kinda left on the sidelines because of his attitude. I'm not sure how accurate this piece of info was, but i hope it's indeed the case. Anyway, even if it isn't, what's done cannot be undone. I'll just have to strive on and prove my worth.

Labels: ,

well, that's just being us isn't it? i have done just the same these 2 days. It's difficult to keep my mouth shut and accept shit!

I've been lunching alone since months ago cause I am sick of gossiping with those more senior people, ...I enjoy it actually for at least one hour of quietness. I did have the same battle as to whether should I join the group or not but eventually I decided to be myself!
LF

Ya, my sentiment exactly. Sometimes i'm also tired of "entertaining" people and prefer to have some quiet time alone.

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, November 15, 2006 @ 4:39 am: Lunch anxiety
Monday, November 13, 2006 @ 4:01 am: An ex-employer
Thursday, November 09, 2006 @ 3:49 am: An exciting new job
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 @ 3:32 am: Stress and toothache
Monday, November 06, 2006 @ 4:26 am: The past weekend
Friday, November 03, 2006 @ 3:51 am: The new colleagues and new boss
Thursday, November 02, 2006 @ 3:23 am: First day at work
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 @ 3:52 am: Getting ready for tomorrow
Saturday, October 28, 2006 @ 4:06 am: The last day at work
Friday, October 27, 2006 @ 4:15 am: One more day to go