I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Business trip (II)

It's 11.10pm on Tuesday.

I'm in the hotel room now having no Internet access, so i'm typing this out on the notepad.

I'm staying at the Traders Hotel near KLCC. Frankly, if there's anything i like being sent up here to KL, it's definitely the hotel (and of course the allowances that i'm getting for the business trip).

The hotel warrants a post of its own, a hotel review of some sort. Too bad that i forgot to bring my camera along to take pictures of the hotel and the room. I'll be meeting 贝's sister tomorrow and i'll see if i can lend hers so that i can have some photos in the post.

Ok, i'll continue from where i left off about last week before getting on to this week.

I didn't know that the company has booked the room with complementary breakfast. I had wondered but didn't ask, so on Friday morning, i went to the office with an empty stomach. It was an absolute waste because i only realized, after this morning, that how good the breakfast here was. But i'll leave that to another post.

There wasn't any traffic jam from the hotel to the office. We reached the office rather early and i decided to grab something to eat from the malay stall on the roadside of the company premise. Yes, that was kinda brave of me, considering i was having stomach problem the day before.

I had a butter toast and a packet of coffee. Uh huh, you know how those stalls sell coffee. They pour the coffee into a plastic bag, put a straw into it and tie the open end of the plastic bag with a string. While drinking the coffee from the straw, i walked back to the meeting room where my boss and i were seated. The expression on my boss' face when he saw me was simply classic. I had told him that i was gonna get coffee and i believe he had thought it'd come in a cup. But then who knew that i got back with a plastic bag poked with a straw, and that caught him by surprise. Well, welcome to Malaysia!

Then it was more meetings on Friday. Our return flight was at 7pm and we were told to leave by 4pm in case of traffic jam. We did as told and it took us quite a while to successully hail a cab that was willing to go to KLIA.

When we reached the airport, there was still an hour or so before boarding time. My boss and i splitted to shop in the airport. I only had a muffin and a cup of coffee at Starbucks (yes, in a cup!) and didn't buy anything from the duty-free shops.

We reached Singapore at around 8pm+ and it was a rainy night. My boss was nice enough to send me home (in Singapore, not JB) because there was a long queue for cabs and he has driven and parked his car in the airport.

By the time i reached home, it was already 9pm. 贝 was waiting for me at home with his new toy -- an iPod. Uh huh, he spent SGD500+ on an iPod while i was gone. Yeap, gone for just two days and he got himself an expensive gadget. That's kinda scary because i can't imagine what i would see this Friday, for i'm gone for 5 days this time.

After i've done some nagging on the iPod, 贝 and i went for dinner and then headed back to JB. It was almost mid-night when we arrived in JB.

So, that was a brief account of my trip last week, except i've yet to mention what had actually gone wrong with the system implementation for our Malaysian counterpart. Again, that would come later.

(This post was completed at 11.56pm)

Labels: , ,

I don't enjoy business trip at all, as it's time consuming i.e. waiting for the flight, going to airport, avoid jam,...and likewise the only thing that pays off all the above is the traveling allowance and hotel (if they got me a good hotel).I stay at Lanson place (most of the time). It's near the embassies. It's like an service apartment with a kitchen, and living room. It's not far away from KLCC as well. But looking for food could be a problem. -LF

i miss it..i miss it, my office to klcc is quite near. really hope can meet you for a cup of coffee.

hope when you back in KL again i can meet you

LF, you are right about the business trip. It's really tiring.

nine3nine3, i hope to go to watch the BWF World Championships that's gonna be held in KL in August, but my schedule can't be confirmed yet at this point of time. If i really could go there, then we should together cheer for our country players in the stadium. ;)

"SET"

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, July 03, 2007 @ 11:13 pm: No Internet access
Monday, July 02, 2007 @ 6:46 pm: Business trip (I)
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 @ 3:36 am: Going on business trip
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Monday blues
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 4:51 am: Despair
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 2:55 am: Frustration at work
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Tiring
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 8:19 pm: Long weekend
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 7:46 pm: Two years (and two days) old
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Disgusting