I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another form of love

Came across something again on a forum, written by one of the users:

But clearly people do divorce for love too.

In fact, many people let go willingly of those they loved and yet hurt them so much so that they could search new happiness. Because they cannot bear to see how the relationship isn't working and how his/her partner was tied down by responsibilities and social pressures & guilt. They see how he/she can be happier with someone else. This act itself is out of love. Love need not be possessive. Its pretty much an art. Someone else might not appreciate it the same way are you do. But, it doesn't change the value of it to the person that appreciates it at all.


I feel that this is talking about me.

Really, both of my relationships ended while i was still in love with the man.

For the first relationship, my first boyfriend and i had personality clashes. Even though we still love each other at that time, we weren't happy anymore. I always believed that sometimes there are simply irreconcilable differences in a relationship that it simply won't work even when there's love. So i ended it, believing that if we can't be happy together, at least we can be happy apart. That is a form of love for each other too.

True enough, we both found happiness on our own. Last i heard, he was married with a kid already, while i found 贝 and had the most wonderful 8 years of my life.

Then it's my second relationship and my marriage. I still love my husband deeply, but the betrayal is simply too much and the hurt so deep that the damage done was irreparable. There is absolutely no chance for us to be happy ever again.

So even though i am convinced that that China woman is scheming with her agenda and does not really love him (or at least not in my definition of love), i'd still let him go since he loves her now and feels so much more happier with her. It's a choice he has made with his actions (by going ahead with the affair despite knowing that it's gonna doom the marriage), and so i should just accept it.

Again, if we can't be happy together, then let's be happy apart. There's no point in tying down the person you love with marriage or emotional attachment, while both are tormenting each other. Life is about the pursuit of happiness. And if i can no longer bring him happiness, or someone else can bring him the happiness that he desires, then let that someone else do it. That is a different level of love from me.

He now has her and he's happy. As for me, i will be happy again, even though i don't know how long it's gonna take me.

But i am sure that i will be, eventually.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Saturday, June 20, 2009 @ 5:04 am: Pressure is on
Friday, June 19, 2009 @ 6:00 am: My theme song 77
Friday, June 19, 2009 @ 5:49 am: Tokens of love
Friday, June 19, 2009 @ 5:47 am: My theme song 76
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 8:23 pm: On previous post
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 7:19 pm: My theme song 75
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 7:12 pm: A good message
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 6:38 pm: My theme song 74
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 6:31 pm: Just tell me
Thursday, June 18, 2009 @ 6:26 pm: The blame game