I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Another late night

Just got back at around 3.30am.

Met up with EY again and had a really long chat at the same kopitiam.

He shared with me more about the problems he had in his marriage this time. I felt bad for him. Both his wife and him still love each other, but due to personalities and values clashes, they could not live well together.

I find that really depressing. What happens to the marriages nowadays really?

How i wish both of them can work things out and live happily ever after. I mean, unlike me, the love has become one-sided from me while my husband's heart has already gone to another woman, it's really a pity that a marriage is in jeopardy because of such differences when the two still love each other dearly.

Differences can be resolved through compromises as long as the love is still there, as long as both parties care enough for each other and want the marriage enough to make sacrifices. Yet, when love has disappeared from one party, what's left is just betrayal and eternal heartache.

EY helped me to put things into perspectives, from a guy's point of view. My sadness is illogical, because we are talking about the loss of love here. Love defies all logic. On the same token, he said, what YY did to me was illogical too, and that's because of love too, i.e. his crazy love for that China woman. So, stop asking why he doesn't know the meaning of marriage, why he treated me like this, why he did this to me, why he had a change of heart, why he is so cruel and heartless to me, why he felt nothing about committing adultery, why he has no moral values... all these whys are pointless, simply because there are no logical explanations at all. I'll just have to accept it as it is.

It felt good to have a friend here who can talk to me face-to-face, and to give me advice and share with me his problems, which took my mind off my own problems.

Gosh, how i miss the good ol' days. He would be leaving SG soon and i'll sure miss having him around.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 08, 2009 @ 6:29 pm: Choices
Monday, June 08, 2009 @ 4:04 am: My theme song 51
Monday, June 08, 2009 @ 3:57 am: Pointless posts
Monday, June 08, 2009 @ 12:53 am: My theme song 50
Monday, June 08, 2009 @ 12:46 am: Newspaper series
Sunday, June 07, 2009 @ 11:07 pm: My theme song 49
Sunday, June 07, 2009 @ 11:01 pm: Tell me how ...
Sunday, June 07, 2009 @ 5:10 am: My theme song 48
Saturday, June 06, 2009 @ 6:04 am: My theme song 47
Saturday, June 06, 2009 @ 6:03 am: Thinking