I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, June 05, 2009

Meet up with old friend

It's late, and i just got back half an hour ago.

Had a long chat over teh tarik with EY, an old friend from my university days. He is back in SG for a short break before heading to his new job in China next week.

He used to work in TW with his Taiwanese wife. When i travelled to Taipei frequently last year, we contacted each other and he had asked me to visit them at Kaohsiung but i was too busy then to do so.

It was great to see him in person again after so many years. He is very concerned about me after knowing what happened. He had asked for a meet up several times but i was too depressed to do so.

Today, we finally met up and had a great chat for hours. I am surprised at how we could talk like old friends despite not contacting frequently for so many years. The feeling this time was very different from our last meet-up several years back; this time, it really felt like old days, when we were close friends who could tell each other almost anything.

He gave me lots of words of encouragement and advice. He sprouted nonsense and jokes, talked about old times and his share of problems in his marriage. For a few good minutes, i was laughing happily, something that i've not been doing for 4 months since the onset of this event. It feels good to be laughing again; i've almost forgotten this feeling... yes, i can still be happy if i want to, definitely.

I feel a lot better now after having a good chat with my old friend. I should really go out more with friends, or get to know more new friends, instead of staying in the rented room feeling sorry for myself.

I thank God for sending EY back at this difficult time of mine. The timing is just so right that i know He must be looking after me dearly, making sure i am surrounded with people who care about me, so that i can stand up again with the help of all these people around me.

Yes, i may have lost 贝's love forever, but i have the love of so many people and from Him. With all these love, i'm sure i will stand on my feet again.

Labels: ,

Pin,

I am really glad that u finally made your step out! Pls continue this "work-out" move out then you will move up (your mood). DO SOMETHING! Remember! DO SOMETHING instead of nothing!-LF

Share your cogitation



Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 7:07 am: My theme song 42
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 6:20 am: Void of love
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 4:29 am: My theme song 41
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 4:27 am: Gotta stop crying
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 5:47 pm: My (and his) theme song 40
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 5:42 pm: Solving puzzle
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 7:52 am: My theme song 39
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 7:36 am: Purpose
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 7:16 am: My theme song 38
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 6:53 am: When love dies