I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Irony

An ex-colleague who is working in Beijing now is very concerned about me. He had called me several times from Beijing after seeing the comments i put up on Facebook.

He "met" me online yesterday and tried to cheer me up, and i found what he said to me really ironic (note the sentence in bold).

Eddy
Well, I hope to see you getting yourself out of this misery soon
Yes, I don't mind to lend you a shoulder if you need to

Pin Pin
i am a good person u know... all my life, i only wanna do good

Eddy
You have done well, nothing wrong

Pin Pin
i've never really done anything evil in my life

Eddy
Just carry on doing good

Pin Pin
yet i gotta face with such thing

Eddy
That is just a minor "exam" in our life
So, you will grow further after passing it

Pin Pin
yes, i will become a better person
things that dun kill us make us better, i know

Eddy
We have live for so long, we have been through so many in these years, this is just another one to go through
So, I hope you will soon recover from this state and be a happy you again
You know, what I so like about you, is your 開朗

Pin Pin
seriously, do u feel that i am a cheerful person last time
when you were with the co?

Eddy
So, I hope know you are back in happy life soon
Yes, you are

Pin Pin
u know what.... my husband's reason for falling for that china woman is that

Eddy
You are not as pessimistic as I do, at least

Pin Pin
he was attracted by her "cheerfulness"
that made him feel relax and happy
i told him that i am cheerful too to all my frens and colleagues...
but only to him, i can pour out my problems, that's they whole point of being with a loved one

Eddy
There is no way to compare
But it is clearly that, I like your cheerfulness

Pin Pin
yes, and i think other ppl in the co too...
but it is lost already
now i can't even smile

Eddy
well, if he can do that to you, who guarantees that he won't do that to her
So, it is a blessing that you get to know the real him before that next 10 years of marriage

Pin Pin
yes, everyone keeps telling me this actually
that it's a blessing in disguise to see the true color

Eddy
I am too far a way to see you smile, but you definitely have one of the most comfortable smiles I have seen

Pin Pin
just after such short time of marriage
rather than after many years

Eddy
Yes, that is for sure, a blessing

Pin Pin
haha
ok, now i feel better

Eddy
Okay, life goes on

Pin Pin
always feel good talking to big brother

Eddy
Ha Ha HA Ha
I am glad to make you smile too
remember, just don't hesitate to call me or message me if you need a listening ear
I can always call through Skype


What i found ironic is that the exact things that drew YY to that China woman were the same things that my colleagues like about me.

Everyone puts up a front when faced with people at work. Cheerfulness and sweet smiles are qualities that draw people to you; anyone who has been in the society long enough would know this. Moreover when a person is in the service industry; the person can't be sulking when facing the customers. In reality, how the person really is may be a different story.

But i've realised anyway that this so-called "attracted by her cheerfulness" was merely an excuse to disguise his change of heart. Basically, he was drawn to her for various reason, especially after the sensual touch through massage. Basically, when a man does not love his wife anymore, there can be 101 reasons to justify his change of heart. So what it was really doesn't matter anymore.

The important thing now is that i must regain my real cheerfulness and smiles for the people who love and treasure it.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, June 02, 2009 @ 7:26 am: My theme song 36
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 @ 7:21 am: Heartache
Monday, June 01, 2009 @ 1:41 pm: My theme song 35
Monday, June 01, 2009 @ 1:33 pm: Thin
Monday, June 01, 2009 @ 12:54 pm: Awaiting execution
Saturday, May 30, 2009 @ 9:52 pm: My theme song 34
Saturday, May 30, 2009 @ 9:48 pm: Let it all out
Saturday, May 30, 2009 @ 9:18 pm: My theme song 33
Friday, May 29, 2009 @ 9:03 am: Hurting
Friday, May 29, 2009 @ 7:56 am: Incorrigible