I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, July 10, 2009

Training today

Was in training the whole of today.

Our CIO came all the way from UK to conduct a two-day training on how to manage projects as per our company standard. There were more than 20 persons in the training class from different part of APAC.

One of the attendees was the Finance Manager from China. I do not know why but she kinda reminded me of YY's mistress. It wasn't as if she had spoken any China Mandarin, as all our conversation was in English and i didn't really get near her at all. I think she looked a bit like YY's mistress in terms of her facial feature.

Hmm, now that i come to think about it, i kinda feel that YY's mistress actually has a rather common face. It seems to me that a lot of China women actually have her kind of look. Never know that YY loves common face... anyway, i'm not sure if it was because my memory had failed me, or it was something wrong with my perception that now i'd see her image in a lot of China woman.

Back to the training session, a video clip of the UK version of The Apprentice was shown to us to highlight the failure points in project management. I didn't know that there's actually an UK version at all.

I have been one of the fans of the US version of The Apprentice... and many other more reality shows and English dramas actually. I used to watch it with 贝 all the time; it was one of the pastimes that we shared, as we would watch it together, discussed about it, and even rooting for one of the contestant together. Now i can't watch any of the shows anymore, unless i download them myself or search for them on YouTube.

One of the project documents that i had done was used as a benchmark and example; he said it was the best one he found among all the other project documents in the whole organisation. I was kinda stunned (and embarrassed) as all eyes were on me when he said that.

After the class, all of us went for dinner and drink. It was quite an enjoyable evening, even though i was feeling kinda down today.

The CIO knew briefly about my situation and had been trying to cheer me up by chatting with me and telling me jokes. He even commented that i am pretty, which i think it were just comforting words, as i am nowhere near "pretty" now with my glasses, pale face and oversized outfits.

After dinner, before we parted and when he had the chance to talk to me alone, he asked me if i was ok. I told him that i didn't have any alcoholic drinks so i was fine. He then told me that he was worried about me, referring to the ordeal that i'm going through now.

To have a person so high up in the corporate hierarchy to be concerned about me really touched my heart. The sorrow that i had been trying to suppress the entire day almost broke out. I had tears in my eyes and did my best not to cry, and so i lowered my head and told him that i am just sad. I think he probably could tell that i was holding back my tears, and then he said to me, "You are a great person. You will be alright. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need help."

I am indeed blessed to have all the three bosses to be so understanding and supportive. I was reminded again on the words that my friend told me -- why am i living unhappily because of the people who hurt me? I should be living happily for the people who love me.

Yes, no matter how sad i'm feeling, i must not cry at least for today.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Thursday, July 09, 2009 @ 4:34 am: Other outstanding posts
Thursday, July 09, 2009 @ 3:58 am: A trip to cat city -- Day 3
Thursday, July 09, 2009 @ 3:32 am: Long outstanding post
Thursday, July 09, 2009 @ 3:25 am: Alone forever
Thursday, July 09, 2009 @ 3:05 am: Shopping
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 @ 4:22 pm: No more perfume
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 @ 4:47 am: Closure
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 @ 11:16 pm: It's all about his own happiness
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 @ 10:09 pm: Weary smile
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 @ 3:55 am: Wish him success