I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, June 05, 2009

I could have been her

There is this female colleague of mine who is the same age as me. She got married last year just a few weeks after me, and she is now pregnant.

Just a few days ago, she was casually asking me when i am going to be a mother. I didn't know what to tell her and only said there was no plan yet.

It was her birthday today, and the other colleagues had prepared a birthday surprise for her. Other than a birthday cake and birthday song, one of the colleagues also took out a big bouquet of flowers for her, saying that it was actually from her hubby.

My heart twitched when i saw her blissful face. Yes, how happy she is... with a loving husband and an expecting child. She is practically glowing with happiness.

I could have been her if i had chosen the right man for my life. I should be glowing too instead of looking so haggard now. Though i will never be a mother-to-be, i should still be immersing in the happiness of a newlywed now instead of feeling this constant heartache.

Yes, all these thoughts are pointless. There's simply no "could have" and "should have", but only "had".

I know, i know... i know all these. Just that even when i'm doing my best not to think about it, my heart is still having this perpetual pain with every heartbeat, which i do not know how to get rid off.

I just hope it can stop beating so that i don't feel the pain anymore.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Friday, June 05, 2009 @ 7:55 am: My theme song 43
Friday, June 05, 2009 @ 7:20 am: Meet up with old friend
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 7:07 am: My theme song 42
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 6:20 am: Void of love
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 4:29 am: My theme song 41
Thursday, June 04, 2009 @ 4:27 am: Gotta stop crying
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 5:47 pm: My (and his) theme song 40
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 5:42 pm: Solving puzzle
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 7:52 am: My theme song 39
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 @ 7:36 am: Purpose