I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Alone

It is Good Friday tomorrow and a public holiday in SG. I skipped work yesterday and today, with consent from the boss. Both bosses are very understanding and supportive, and are giving me time to get back on my feet again. I really gotta pick myself up, or at least in terms of work. There is a limit to everything, and they will run out of patience sooner or later if i still carry on like this.

Am back in JB now, alone. 贝 and i are taking turn to return to JB, and this week is my turn. We gotta come up with all kinds of reasons to keep my mom from being suspicious, but my mom is rather smart and i seriously do not think that we can keep it under cover for long. We are just buying time here.

贝 and i used to look forward to long weekends, so that we can return to JB for longer days and relax at home. We'd have breakfast, go golfing, go to hair salon, watch downloaded shows, drink Chinese tea, and go out with friends sometimes. This kind of life may seem routine and dull to some people; i think maybe even 贝 had been feeling bored at our lives but i had never noticed it. To me, these very little, simple and familiar things that we do with our loved ones simply feel so good; it fills my heart with peace and calm, knowing that the person you love is always by your side, and it gives me the ease of mind.

Now, i am all alone at home in JB. The feeling is very different, filled with sorrow and loneliness, especially when i know that this may pretty well be how it will be for the rest of my life. Actually this peaceful life had already ended months ago, from the moment 贝 let another woman into his mind and sent out the first sms to that woman. I just didn't know and was living in my own illusion of newly married life, thinking that our new lives together had just started and we will walk till the end together hand-in-hand.

Eight years ago when i let 贝 into my heart, i have never expected that i'd ever be alone again. I thought i will forever have him in my life, and this belief has sustained me through all difficulties faced at work and in day-to-day life. Now, i'll have to stand on my own again.

Reality is cruel, and the truth is painful. I am forced to face it alone, and that is what i am going to do. Yes, the road ahead is gonna be long and bumpy, and i will have to walk it alone, without anyone by my side anymore. But one thing i am sure is this: if i fall along the way, i will get back up and continue the journey.

I will get back up, sooner or later. I will get back up.

Labels:

You are never alone, and would not be alone in the future too.
You have family who love you, and friends who really love you.
That's why I never think I'm alone, and my life is filled with love. Oh! How come so many people LOVE me har!? :p

But you said you need to change, that's true. Advise you to learn something, or to do something which you always want to do. No need to worry about no companion, b'cos you will meet & get to know more people who are 志同道合out there.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE. MAKE YOUR DAYS FRUITFUL.

Share your cogitation



Thursday, April 09, 2009 @ 3:21 am: Change
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 @ 3:09 am: The room
Monday, April 06, 2009 @ 1:42 am: Positive approach
Sunday, April 05, 2009 @ 8:14 pm: Inspirational
Sunday, April 05, 2009 @ 1:36 pm: Meeting again
Sunday, April 05, 2009 @ 11:45 am: I am a failure
Sunday, April 05, 2009 @ 2:36 am: Fengshui
Saturday, April 04, 2009 @ 6:00 am: First lonely weekend
Friday, April 03, 2009 @ 9:01 pm: Roughing it out and forgiveness
Thursday, April 02, 2009 @ 4:22 am: Out there alone