I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dad, please stay

It has been 16 years. It's hard to believe that i've spent all these years without dad by my side.

And the strange thing is that the older i get, the more i miss him. Yet, when i close my eyes sometimes trying hard to picture his face, all i could get is just a fuzzy figure. That often reduces me to tears because i fear that dad is slowly fading away from my memories, the only place where he's still well and alive, where i could feel that he's still near.

Last year, i wrote a long post in memory of my dad. I'm not gonna write one this year. Well, not in this blog. I thought i could better express my feelings in Chinese, so i've written a post in Chinese instead.

Dad, you didn't know, and will never get to know, that even though we were never close like many fathers and daughters are, you are my pillar of strength. Whenever i think of you, i tell myself that no hardship can compare to what you had gone through. I tell myself that i would have failed you if i ever give up.

Dad, please don't fade away. I need you, even if you are only in my memories.

Labels:

I choked. Thank you for reminding us to appreciate our love ones. My heart goes out to you.

Thanks. :)

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, August 15, 2006 @ 11:29 pm: No medical leave for me
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 @ 3:31 pm: Non-working week again
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 @ 2:49 am: Update on the job offer
Monday, August 14, 2006 @ 3:31 am: Broken jade pendent
Sunday, August 13, 2006 @ 10:49 pm: I'm back, but upset
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 @ 2:12 am: Update on the fly
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 @ 2:54 am: Busy busy busy
Saturday, August 05, 2006 @ 2:51 am: My references were my angels
Thursday, August 03, 2006 @ 1:34 pm: I'm NOT a job hopper
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 @ 12:41 pm: What we bought last evening