I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

No medical leave for me

I was back in JB around 4.30pm. No, it wasn't because the male dentist was so good that it took him just minutes to complete the surgery. Even Superman can't do that.

There was no surgery. So all my anxiety was unnecessary, but i was informed of a news that would make me more anxious.

The x-ray was taken only today and it was discovered that the root of my left lower wisdom tooth is almost touching the nerves at my lower jaw. There's a higher chance that the nerves may be damaged during the operation.

My right wisdom tooth that was removed had a safe distance from the nerves, and i thought it would be the same for the left side. Thus i didn't go for a check-up first and thought i could have the x-ray and procedure on the same day. I didn't expect the tooth to be so close to the nerves.  

I'm never a good risk taker, so i asked the dentist if i had other alternative such as leaving the tooth as it was or removing the adjacent tooth. The dentist told me that the wisdom tooth must be removed as it's horizontally impacted and affecting the adjacent tooth. And removing the adjacent tooth instead wouldn't be advisable too as i would have one tooth less to chew on food (since the wisdom tooth is essentially useless in my case) and it would definitely affect my eating.

Sigh, it seemed that i was left with no other choice but to take the risk. He told me that they could arrange for a dental surgeon to carry out the operation in such case. I couldn't decide on the spot as to what i should do, so i just paid for the x-ray and consultation fees and left the dental clinic.

After some discussion with 贝, i called the clinic and asked them to arrange the dental surgeon for me. Now i'm waiting for their call to confirm the available dates. You see, surgeons are busy people and i gotta wait for their schedules.

And so, no medical leave for me for the next three days. That kinda screwed up my plan. But what's more disturbing is the thought of losing the sensation on my tongue, jaw and cheek. If the worst happens, then i may not be able to taste anything anymore. Gosh, life will be so meaningless if i could no longer savour all the delicious food in the world. Sob sob...  

Damn you, third molars, damn you!

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, August 15, 2006 @ 3:31 pm: Non-working week again
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 @ 2:49 am: Update on the job offer
Monday, August 14, 2006 @ 3:31 am: Broken jade pendent
Sunday, August 13, 2006 @ 10:49 pm: I'm back, but upset
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 @ 2:12 am: Update on the fly
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 @ 2:54 am: Busy busy busy
Saturday, August 05, 2006 @ 2:51 am: My references were my angels
Thursday, August 03, 2006 @ 1:34 pm: I'm NOT a job hopper
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 @ 12:41 pm: What we bought last evening
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 @ 1:40 pm: Road rage