I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yee-Eun, God's Grace

I cried again, but this time it was because i was touched, right to the soul.

I hardly watch television, and when i do, i do not really tune in to Singapore channels.

Today i saw a link from my friend on the Facebook, and it is actually a rather old show.



Then from the YouTube link, i realised that this little girl had actually performed on Channel U before:



A little girl, born blind and abandoned by her parents, could play the piano so well without any formal training. How could this even be possible if it's not a miracle?

And her foster parents, who are infertile, adopted her even though she is visually impaired. You could tell from the video clips that Yee-Eun's mother, who has a very benevolent look, really loves her very much, as the mother cried every single time when she watched and listened to Yee-Eun's performances. This is true selfless love.

Yes, just like the song Yee-Eun sang, "You are born for love" (你是为爱而生). God may have taken away her vision, but He gave her an even greater gift in life, showing the world what miracle there can be.

And this is the manifestation of God's love for us.

"You Raise Me Up"

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up... To more than I can be.

Labels: ,

nice one! good sharing! ym

Share your cogitation



Thursday, May 06, 2010 @ 2:57 am: Hectic and exhausted
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 @ 11:00 am: Waiting in the morning
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 @ 4:28 am: Grace
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 @ 3:57 am: Salary increment 2010
Monday, May 03, 2010 @ 2:58 am: The past weekend
Friday, April 30, 2010 @ 2:48 am: Sianz
Thursday, April 29, 2010 @ 3:56 am: Busy
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 @ 3:56 am: My theme song 122
Monday, April 26, 2010 @ 2:42 am: A talented win
Monday, April 26, 2010 @ 1:55 am: Previous week in KL