I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, April 08, 2010

To an angel

This is to the reader who left me the comment in one of my earlier posts and drew this comic for/about me:



Dear Angel,

After seeing the comics, i was speechless.

Really, what else could i say but a big THANK YOU?

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I'm touched beyond words.

I have no doubt that you are an angel sent by God, to give me a knock in the head, albeit gently. Really, you gotta be my angel, otherwise why would you spend time in drawing such encouraging comics for someone who doesn't matter to you at all in your life?

You are the angel who came to remind me that there are people around who care so much about me even if i am just a stranger. You are the angel who wants me to know that the sorrow that drowns me also sadden the people who stand by me through all these times. You are the angel who wants me to never forget that how i live my life does not merely concern me, but it also affects the people around me.

I can't promise that i will get all well immediately, and please do not expect me to do so either. I will, however, never give up on life, no matter how tough it is. I will make myself a blessing to others despite my own predicament. I will be the strong person whom God has wanted me to be. I will continue striving for happiness even though it seems so far away and even when i'm in the darkest valley, because i shall always remember that there will always be light at the end of the tunnel and up above.

All these, i promise you and everyone else.

And you, my angel, you drew the things i mentioned in my blog before, which shows that you are an avid reader. I am sure that you are not someone i know personally, as i only have one friend who could possibly draw as good as you do, and she would not have the time or energy to do it now, for she has lots of problems of her own too.

Furthermore, if you were any of my friends, you would have known the things in the comics that are different from the real me:
  • I do not wear anything red, pink or purple.

  • I do not wear pyjamas.

  • I do not put my hair behind my ears (even though i must say the hairstyle is indeed rather similar)

  • My eyes are not so big (even though i do have round round eyes)

  • Lastly, i do not have tens or hundreds or thousands of readers. Most who read my crap are the friends who know me in real life, and a few are like yourself, total strangers who strangely keep on reading my nonsense!


So i imagine that you must be a young lady who is very talented in arts. You have a kind and tender heart. You are a cheerful, positive and introspective person.

And is that sidekick in the comics representing you? You are a cat lover? I am a dog person.

I would have drawn an angel for you to show my gratitude, but then i could not draw at all even if my life depends on it. If you do not believe me, check out my pathetic attempt in drawing Snoopy years ago. My drawing skill has only gotten worse since then, or rather, reduced to none now.

So all i can do is to write you this post, saying thank you and thank you again. You have not only put a smile on my face, but also injected some well needed strength in me.

Lastly, do leave a nickname of any kind when you leave a comment, just so that i know it's you. Perhaps "angel" is a good one.

From the still-melancholy-but-hopeful blogger,
pinpin

Labels: ,

Thanks! And more importantly, it serves the purpose to bring smiles into you. I felt honored when you dedicated this blog to me, but aren't you sick and supposed to get early sleep. If you do not recover, I will be more angry and regret for putting up the drawing. (Of course I wish some sort of acknowledgement, but never expect to be this "grand". Thank you! Thank you!)

I first came to your blog in 2007 thru google, maybe I was trying to search about life working in Singapore (FYI, saya orang Malaysia). That time I was moody and dejected with office politics, stress, frustrated, being under-appreciated in work, bullied by landlord, lonely, other unhappy stuffs. It was then your blog showed me about introspections, to look things not just on surface, be optimistic and funny when you were picking on ironies, especially the blogs you posted in 2005 - 2007. You're damn good. Regrettably, I paused in 2008, and one day in march 2010 I casually dropped by ...... and .... but ..... no ......

I'm not eloquent, not good at words (in fact it took me 1.5 hr to write this to choose words carefully), and a "half-past-six” comic artist. My simple wishes are that you get well soon (no more crying in middle of the night), and be the cheerful 彬彬 as you used to be (still hoping, but, i understand). Frankly, I'm flattered when you called me "angel" for I'm not benevolent to everyone. But to me, with your eloquence and intelligence and conscience, you don't deserve to be such pathetic. You certainly don't deserve this, and if it's within my capacity and together with other blog readers, i (we) hope can lift you out from the mud. I have this sense that it will get sian when the very same ppl comments "be good", "get well", "be happy", hence i prefer to remain as anon. Bad excuse huh, since i can always changed the nick but i don't want to lie (or you can check i.p anyway). plus, whether the art can attract more other anon readers to give you support and strength that even more effective, at least you will not sian like "ah, angel again" or "only angel".

I wrote too long. so, stay optimistic, be positive and keep moving forward.

and please, don't cry anymore. you must be strong gal!

Pin:

U r lucky to have friends who always encourage you. This are all God's blessing. Lots of changes in my life, I did not have time to catch up with your blog. But you look bad. compared to the last time i met you.
I suggest:
1) Cut your hair short, real short like you used to have
2) put on a bit of weight.
3) cheer up.
4) skin is bad too.
don't mean to scare you. Pull yourself up now, you are making your body worst. Not worth to continue life like this. Be my cheerful Pin...: )
Love you always.
DS

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, April 07, 2010 @ 3:54 am: Falling sick
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 @ 3:47 am: I need fixing
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 @ 3:26 am: The past (long) weekend
Saturday, April 03, 2010 @ 6:18 am: Beauty tips
Saturday, April 03, 2010 @ 6:04 am: What a day
Thursday, April 01, 2010 @ 4:46 am: Grandma fell
Thursday, April 01, 2010 @ 4:18 am: Happy food
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 @ 3:57 am: It still hurts and i need time
Monday, March 29, 2010 @ 5:13 am: Grandma is sick
Monday, March 29, 2010 @ 4:18 am: Going to KL for people management